Monday, January 16, 2012

New family

Last night I left my first family and am now in my second family's house. I'm just going to paste what I said in my monthly update, since I don't feel like typing the story out again.


Last night I moved into my new family's house. Yesterday was a very very sad day. While I was finishing packing up, my youngest host sister, Dori came in and helped. We were both crying a little bit but tried to just keep the conversation light. When I had about an hour left at their house, I gave them all small American flags and thank you cards. Everyone was in my room and we all started crying (excluding my host dad, who was working downstairs on a big presentation he has today). When my host dad came up, he said that it's not goodbye, just see you soon. We moved all my things downstairs (I have acquired SO many things in the past 5 months, it's crazy!!) and then sat around and talked. When I noticed the table was only set for four, I really started crying again. My host mom told my sister to quickly put a placemat where I usually sit and said it will always be my spot! My new host parents were an hour late picking me up, so we were able to spend a little bit more time together, which was nice. They ended up staying for an hour talking to my other sister, Anna, about what high school she will go to next year, since my new host mom is a teacher at the school she wants to go to. I sat with Dori in the kitchen because she couldn't go out with everyone else without crying, and to be honest neither could I. We talked and tried to distract ourselves, but anytime there was a pause we lost any progress we had made. Leaving the house was the hardest thing I've ever done, much harder than leaving my American family. I cried in the car on the way to the new families house, cried when I met my host sisters, cried when I was alone to unpack, cried during dinner, and cried all night. My new host mom really understands how hard it must be, and has comforted me every time. It will take some time adjusting to this new house and family and right now it's really hard. The new family is really sweet, though, so it will help a lot.


Nothing else to say :/.

No comments:

Post a Comment