Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dramatic changes..

Alright so! So many things have changed since I last posted.. and it's kind of embarrassing looking back at the last post I made since.. well I'll explain.

About a week after my last post, I discussed the financial aspects of an exchange with my family, and we realized that trying to raise $9,000 by November was somewhat unrealistic. After much reconsidering, we decided to look into other cheaper programs for me to go next year.

We looked into Rotary Youth Exchange, and I've sent in an initial application. We have interviews in October, and then again in November for the weekend, which I'm really excited for! I'm just really hoping things work out through Rotary, as they're fairly selective.

While I am really bummed things didn't work out with AFS, I think I'll be very happy just being able to go anywhere through any program :)

No comments:

Post a Comment