Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Answering some questions

Since I've told everyone I'm going to Hungary, I've gotten tons of questions! I decided to answer some here... just in case anyone reads it!

When do you leave?
I don't know for sure, but it's most probably going to be in August

Where in Hungary will you be?
I won't know specific city or any host family details until probably March at the earliest.

Why Hungary?
Well, I didn't exactly pick it. During the interviews, I said my top three were Norway, Sweden, and Belgium. Afterwards, I kept thinking about Hungary and I just could not get it out of my head. It just seemed so interesting and different and under appreciated. I'm extremely glad I got it, and am so excited!

Won't you miss your family and friends?
Of course! But they will be here when I come back :)

You're seriously missing your senior year to live in a foreign country?
Yep! For me... walking with my friends at graduation or going to prom aren't comparable to spending a year learning and growing.

So besides all of that.. I don't really have any updates or anything! I'm just working on finishing my application and making sure I've got everything. It really is a long process, but I love every minute of it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    So I realized were both Californians! Haha. I haven't found many west coasters on exchange yet. I'm going my senior year with Rotary also. Love your blog, congrats, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete