Sunday, May 15, 2011

District Conference!

So, District Conference was this weekend, and it was amazing. I'm not going to write novels like usual, but let me just say I will never forget it. Some highlights:

The homeless people on the beach, spelling "EXCHANGE" with all of us, chilling in the lobby, 5k walk with a view of the ocean, getting our blazers, the "end polio now" song, watching $24,000 get raised in ten minutes, bike riding with a view of the ocean, falling off my bike, taking pictures with random quinceanera parties, getting ice cream, johnny riding into the pole, dinner in the basement, doing better in Hungarian, holding our breath in the tunnel, watching creepy ghost shows, doing our flag presentation, and so much more.

Overall, I had a great time. I love everyone in the district and all of the inbounds and outbounds. For anyone going through Rotary in the future: cherish the time you have with your inbounds and outbounds, because after your last time, there will never be a time when you're all together again.

Anyway, more countdowns!
Powderpuff: 5 days
Grad Night: 18 days
Graduation: 22 days
Birthday: 48 days
Outbound Orientation: 55 days

Oh, and I may be hearing where I'm going soon. Fingers crossed. And I emailed the travel company, so hopefully I'll hear something from them too. Maybe there will be another post soon. Who knows!

As all of my countdowns get smaller and smaller, I can't help but get happier and happier. I'm so ready for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment