Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Schooool...

Yesterday was my first day of school!

My schedule is:
 Monday -
Spanish
 Physics
 Gym
 Some homeroom type class
 History
 Chemistry
 Chemistry

Tuesday -
Biology
Biology
Spanish
Hungarian
Hungarian
Biology
Another class but no one is really sure of what subject it is

Wednesday -
Physics
Math
English
Chemistry
Singing
Spanish

Thursday -
Gym
Art
Math
English
History
Hungarian

Friday -
History
Biology
Math
Chemistry
Hungarian
English
Spanish

It's all really confusing and I follow around a girl who was on exchange in Connecticut last year. She's really helpful! School starts at 7:30 everyday and ends at 1:55 everyday except Wednesday and Thursday, when we end at 1:00.

Having so much science is kind of horrible.. I really wish I had more English classes. Also, the Hungarian classes are just what everyone else takes, so it's not helping me learn the language. It's kind of like English lessons at home where we don't learn English, just do a lot of reading and writing.

Mondays - Wednesdays from 12-2 and Thursdays from 8-10 I will have Hungarian lessons at the University of Szeged. This is where I'll actually learn Hungarian with the other exchange students and other foreigners living in Hungary. I'm very excited for this!

Today at school I made new friends! A really nice girl named Petra introduced herself to me. She speaks English REALLY well and we chatted with her friends for a bit. I spoke in Hungarian a little bit with them and they kept saying "aww!" after everything. I had to stand up and introduce myself to my Hungarian class (in English.. easy!) Also, I could understand some of what was going on in Spanish! I haven't taken it for a year though so I've forgotten a lot. It's nice to at least have somewhat an idea of what we're doing, though.

 On Thursday, we have a Rotary meeting or something in SERBIA! So I will be going there :D! I'm so excited... it will be my second European country I visit. Then, on Friday, there is a big orientation with all of the exchange students in Hungary in a city called Debrecen. We will spend the weekend there and I'm not sure what we're going to do. I am so excited to meet everyone and see a new city! I will write more after the weekend in Debrecen!

No comments:

Post a Comment